Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding the correct A/C Compressor. My original A/C compressor is R12, I did the R134a conversion about 4yrs ago, since I'm fionishing up my motor swap I pulled the entire a/c system out of teh car so I had room to work. The motor is in and slowly I'm getting things running.

I want to replace my R12 a/c compressor with an r134a compressor. A while back I saw a post that had the sanden model # that was for r134a & direct replacement for the original pump.

Does anyone remember the model # or is there a specific a/c compressor for r134a??

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Your factory r12 compressor is fine to use with r134a. No need to replace unless its bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bigthumbsup good to hear!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Don't forget that any of the original components you reuse need to have the mineral oil used with the r12 flushed out and to add r134a compatible oil.

·
Registered
547 Posts
yea but you the low pressure side is part of the manifold on the compressor so you will either need to install a r12 to 134 adapter or install the correct manifold, the cheaper and easier way out would be the adapters but to make it look like a factory 134a car you should change the manifold on the compressor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.