Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 91 GT that I just welded a cage into along with frame connectors, and upper and lower control arms. I disconnected the neg side of battery before welding, now the car wont start. If I have my wife sit in the car and hold the clutch down, and i jump the two terminals on the solenoid it starts right up. I checked all fuses under the dash thay are all good. Can anyone help me with this problem. Once the car is running it stays running, so I desperately need help. Thanks in advance. :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do believe that if you jump start your solenoid and it cranks then you have a bad solenoid. I think:scratchchin

·
Registered
113 Posts
start off with basics. check the ignition wire on your soleniod when you have some one turn the key. should read 12 volts. cant miss it, its the small wire whith the boot on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
heres an even easier one, jump a screw driver from the battery side of the soleniod to the little post with the ignition wire on it. if the engine turns over that means the soleniods good and your problems are elsewhere. you dont need any one in the car either if its a standard. just turn your your key to the run position and have it in nuetral. by jumping the solenoid you bypass the nuetral safety switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.