Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesn anybody know of a way to test to see if your maf sensor is working properly assuming everithing else is functioning properly. There seems not to be a good explanation on this issue, many similars but I havent been able to find the right one. I keep getting code 66 when I pull the codes on my car. 5.0L 91 LX bone stock. any help would be apreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
66-sensor voltage too low. How is your car running? If its fine, I wouldnt be overly concerned. Maybe try cleaning off your sensors with a lint free rag sprayed with some brake fluid..or maybe buy/clean your air filter. Could there be a loose wire from your sensor to the car's computer?

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
These two should help you test it on your own.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
What a great post...tx eagle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ive been having the same problem with my 93 notch for several months now. mine is an intermittent problom. ive changed meters and still get the same code. i suspect a wiring issue. havent had time to fix it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tap on the meter when the car is idling. If it stumbles or anything replace it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do get a check engine light on and off all day, but mostly in the morning on my way to work (cold) . and thanks to all of you guys for helping out. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
You'd check the MAF SIG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.