Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it just started doing this today.. while driving i would hit a bump and just here this popping sound... idk what it really is.. but i jacked up the front end and found that my tires are wobbling a little and and this popping sound was coming from a rod that looked to go into the powersteering part. idk.. help!!!! here is a video of it kinda YouTube - Video0131.3gp

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sounds like a ball joint has went out. They are simply to replace, only special tool needed is a ball joint puller (maybe).

·
Registered
239 Posts
could be your inner tie rod or outer tie rod as well or at worst your rack bushings.
with the tire on move the wheel vertically moving back and forth, if you cant do it yourself have a buddy do it while your looking at your control arms (ball joints, control arm bushings). if you do have movement it would have to be your ball joints, bearing play, or even loose strut bolts believe it or not.
then move the wheel side to side this should indicate tie rod play. you can put your hand on the inner and outer tie rods and feel for play. in either case replace both if you do have play, the car will feel a hell of a lot better anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i just found out it was the inner tie rod.. it has alot of play in it... and the popping was a bushing wore out on my stabilizer or whatever that is that hooks up to the tie rods... thanks guys for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.