Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 LX 5.0L/Auto 100% stock
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m having an install issue, Kenwood HU keeps displaying “miswiring” I’m certain my power section is fine but the speaker wiring car side looks weird. Too few wires coming from the car. Top two pics are power and the bottom 2 are speakers.
Hand Sleeve Finger Gesture Glove
Finger Creative arts Thumb Nail Wrist

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s the speaker side. I disconnected the speaker harness and every works fine. I’m missing something here, no way 8 speaker out wires get funneled into 5 car side wires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
There are 2 plugs going into the factory harness 1 side runs all power functions including a provision for an amp which I’m not using and 1 plug for all speakers. The speaker side is the one with the issue. The pictures I post are of the speakers. I have 8 wires in the normal colors of grey, white, green and purple however the car side only has 5 wires 1 of which is black so most likely a ground. I’m beginning to think they are for a factory amp and are high level inputs.

UPDATE:
Ok, after finally finding a decent wiring diagram the 5 wires, G,Blk,Bl,W and P are inputs for a factory amp. Tomorrow I’ll find the output from the amp for the speakers and see what kind of connector that has. Some times you just need a sounding board and suggestions. Thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts