Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i havent in here for about a week or so but ive done some things for my car while i was gone. One of the big things, that i love i did, was take the silencer of the intake took like 20 mins to do but gave some great throtto response and the engine has a better sound also got some speakers and neons for the interior (i know a lil childish but i dont care its my car :p), next stop is my top but its hard to find a place that would do it in Naples, Fl kinda sucks. After that the paint job i got a color pick out tell me wut you guys think.

Viper Blue Pearl URETHANE BASECOAT/CLEAR Car Auto Paint:eBay Motors (item 220508883475 end time Dec-10-09 20:07:35 PST)

With black top and black trim :bounce2:

So there it is kinda just wanted to update my info, post your comments and tell me wut u think

Thanks - Jorge :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
No offense, but I really don't see the point in trying to make a 4 cylinder Mustang faster. That's like putting a hell of a lot of make-up on an ugly chick. No matter how much make-up you put on her, she is still ugly. No matter how much stuff you do to that 4 cylinder, it will still be slow.

I say this because I know. My daily driver is a 4 banger Mustang. I just leave it as it is. There is no point in doing anything to it except if it's maintenance to keep it running. I haven't done one 'mod' on it and I never will.

But it's your car, your money and you have every right to do what you like. Good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
nah-

dude, go ahead and mod up your 4 banger! anything you do to make it a little quicker will do nothing but make it more fun to drive. and you still get the mileage!

i have owned a couple of pretty quick N/A 2.3s. granted the last one was an SVT Focus, and there is less parasitic loss on fwd...

that blue is a great color, just think about some white stripes!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just saying...

Just saying i cant buy a 2005 Ford mustang and get mods for it not in the right state of money right now,two so what maybe ill turn that little 4 banger into something that will haul a** havent even started,and three might not be a good car to you but to me its a classic and i love it. :p Just saying

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah-

dude, go ahead and mod up your 4 banger! anything you do to make it a little quicker will do nothing but make it more fun to drive. and you still get the mileage!

i have owned a couple of pretty quick N/A 2.3s. granted the last one was an SVT Focus, and there is less parasitic loss on fwd...

I was thinking about some stripes but not really to sure, do wanna get white mustang decal on one side and the name of it on the drivers side though, not to huge but not to small. :winks

·
Registered
389 Posts
nah-

That was just my opinion. I never said there was anything wrong with him modding his own car. I just said that I personally think it is pointless to do when you're driving a car that has maybe 90hp to the wheels. Taking the air silencer out or even adding an intake isn't going to help it all that much. In case you didn't realize, I have the same car, except a year younger than the OP. It is already fun to drive despite the lack of speed.

Just saying i cant buy a 2005 Ford mustang and get mods for it not in the right state of money right now,two so what maybe ill turn that little 4 banger into something that will haul a** havent even started,and three might not be a good car to you but to me its a classic and i love it. :p Just saying
1) I never said that you have to buy a 2005 Mustang GT and get mods for it. Not sure where you got that from.

2) The 2.3 liters have maybe 90hp to the wheels, give or take. So, depending on your definition of 'hauling ass', that car will take a lot of money to make it 'haul ass'.

Keep in mind that this is an almost 18 year old car and things WILL go wrong with it. If you daily drive this car, what are you going to do if you spend all your money in mods that only give it maybe 20 more horses, if that, and you have to replace the transmission like I did a few years ago and it costs you $2,500? Yes, things like this happen to newer cars, too, but they're more likely to happen to daily driven cars, regardless of age, and the instances of failure go up as the vehicle ages.

3) I never said it wasn't a good car, so I don't know where you got that from, either. I just said it was a slow car, and there is no denying that. My '93 has costed me more money to keep running than I've put into modifications on my '05 and that is no exaggeration. It has costed me a lot of money to keep reliable, but I expect things like that to happen to a 16 year old car. It has been a wonderful car so far. It's slow as hell, but it runs great. Purrs like a little kitten and I'm happy and proud to have it... even if I can run faster than it can go. It also doesn't look that bad for its age.

Just so you know, my '93 was my first car. I got it when I was 18 and I am 24 years old and I drive it every day because it is affordable. Due to a job change, I can't afford to drive my '05 every day because the gas is just too expensive, so I know where you are coming from. I can barely make the payments/insurance on it every month.

I'm not saying it is not a good car or that it sucks, only that you should REALLY rethink your plans if this is your only car. Instead of putting that money into useless modifications that really won't make it that much faster, save it so you have it if something happens because you WILL need it.

I'm just trying to be realistic about this, not rain on your parade or anything, so please don't take it that way.

By the way, that is a beautiful color you have chosen for it. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was just my opinion. I never said there was anything wrong with him modding his own car. I just said that I personally think it is pointless to do when you're driving a car that has maybe 90hp to the wheels. Taking the air silencer out or even adding an intake isn't going to help it all that much. In case you didn't realize, I have the same car, except a year younger than the OP. It is already fun to drive despite the lack of speed.

1) I never said that you have to buy a 2005 Mustang GT and get mods for it. Not sure where you got that from.

2) The 2.3 liters have maybe 90hp to the wheels, give or take. So, depending on your definition of 'hauling ass', that car will take a lot of money to make it 'haul ass'.

Keep in mind that this is an almost 18 year old car and things WILL go wrong with it. If you daily drive this car, what are you going to do if you spend all your money in mods that only give it maybe 20 more horses, if that, and you have to replace the transmission like I did a few years ago and it costs you $2,500? Yes, things like this happen to newer cars, too, but they're more likely to happen to daily driven cars, regardless of age, and the instances of failure go up as the vehicle ages.

3) I never said it wasn't a good car, so I don't know where you got that from, either. I just said it was a slow car, and there is no denying that. My '93 has costed me more money to keep running than I've put into modifications on my '05 and that is no exaggeration. It has costed me a lot of money to keep reliable, but I expect things like that to happen to a 16 year old car. It has been a wonderful car so far. It's slow as hell, but it runs great. Purrs like a little kitten and I'm happy and proud to have it... even if I can run faster than it can go. It also doesn't look that bad for its age.

Just so you know, my '93 was my first car. I got it when I was 18 and I am 24 years old and I drive it every day because it is affordable. Due to a job change, I can't afford to drive my '05 every day because the gas is just too expensive, so I know where you are coming from. I can barely make the payments/insurance on it every month.

I'm not saying it is not a good car or that it sucks, only that you should REALLY rethink your plans if this is your only car. Instead of putting that money into useless modifications that really won't make it that much faster, save it so you have it if something happens because you WILL need it.

I'm just trying to be realistic about this, not rain on your parade or anything, so please don't take it that way.

By the way, that is a beautiful color you have chosen for it. :)
I agree but still gonna do it mybe not for speed but for the look of the car referbish it and thanks i think it would look could with that blue, and some simple decals on the side nothing fancy. Btw i wish i can afforid the 2005 my second fav kind of mustang then come the 80's styles.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Plus one on the white stripes. But I'm biased. :p

Do what you want to the car, but just think about what you're doing before you do it. If you want to get a few things like a CAI or exhaust in the mean time, go for it. It's your money. There may not be a huge difference, but it's still a little better. I've put quite a bit of money into mine, but it also isn't my daily driver (anymore). Don't worry about it being too slow. You can always swap in a 2.3T or a 5.0L later on like I plan on doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts

Do what you want to the car, but just think about what you're doing before you do it. If you want to get a few things like a CAI or exhaust in the mean time, go for it. It's your money. There may not be a huge difference, but it's still a little better. I've put quite a bit of money into mine, but it also isn't my daily driver (anymore). Don't worry about it being too slow. You can always swap in a 2.3T or a 5.0L later on like I plan on doing.

actually- your car is what inspired my post:gringreen. your car looks killer!

·
Registered
662 Posts

i have an 84 SVO and an 89 Merkur XR4Ti. both have turbo 2.3's. the XR4 is blowing 20 psi and will run circles around a stock SN-95. (my last DD was an '02 5 speed GT)
and if down the road you decide you want to go fast, a turbo 2.3 gets far more cool points IMO. and there is a wild volvo 16 valve head conversion for the 2.3s. probably only good at high rpm or with a hairdryer, buit it is still freakin cool!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd love a 2.3T, but they're almost impossible to find around here. Plus I love the sound of a 5.0 with flowmasters. I do have quite a while to decide. Have to finish college first. $$$

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had a lot more fun with my 2.3's than my V8 cars it's sow much fun when you go around a V8 car with 2.3T or a built 2.3 on NOS. Plus they get fuel milage my 93 gets 30 mpg avg. at 80mph with svo exaust and no air silancer
Jim

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Let me see if i have this right Spookie Stang? You dont like 2.3 fords and they are a waste of time??? If i ever have the pleasure of being in west /central florida with the Midnighter. I may just make you eat those words. If you have a stock or mildly modded 4.6 ITS GOING TO BE REAL UGLY. When a little 2.3 smokes your BUTT. Pound for pound the 2.3 makes more HP than a 4.6. In my view the only thing i would use a 4.6 is to anchor my BOAT. And i am not kidding. Hay 91 keep up the good work dude and never listen to someone that has a 4.6. Talk about a DOG ENGINE . The 5.0 is better and that is not saying MUCH. TOM

I appoligize to the posters for my attitude on this one but its true. Everyone is proud of their work they do on their rides. I dont care if its an exhaust or full blown out street screamer. Hay 91 if you need info just contact this site. all the guys on here are willing to help. Dont let nyone discourage you. Hay spookie stang my 2.3 is only 120 hp NA but when it boosts up its a whole different story. Peace TOM

:run_over::backontopic:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Tom,

Ain't you about due for a vacation? I hear Bradenton is REAL nice this time of year :)

Orlando ain't too bad. Send the Mrs. off with maps of malls (There's about 5 just around O-Town) and you and Jr. can head out east of town to Speedworld.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Tom,

Ain't you about due for a vacation? I hear Bradenton is REAL nice this time of year :)

Orlando ain't too bad. Send the Mrs. off with maps of malls (There's about 5 just around O-Town) and you and Jr. can head out east of town to Speedworld.
Big C if i do that i will pick you up and have a real good time in florida. Maybe we can be there for spring break and check out some of the LOCALS AND IMPLANTS. They say its crazy during spring break. Peace Brother. I got the message loud and clear. Thanks Big C

:racer::yay:idea

·
Registered
47 Posts
2.3l speed

Jumping in late, but I too have a 93, 2.3l auto... that is fun to drive-- in town, quick, corners great, etc.... but on the highway it is passed by just about everything... I need a good downhill run and strong tail wind to get up to highway speed.... ie. 75. Normal top speed appears to be in mid to high 60s.... I have not done any mods other that an new KN airfilter...., gas filter... and put in a new transmission.... Haven't compared speeds with any other 2.3l Mustang... I'm I running about as fast as can be expected or do I have a fuel or someother problem?? Not really wanting to build a racer just trying to make sure it is as expected... everyone forum thread talks speed but not miles per hour.... How are my numbers?? other than sucks...

Richey
"Go Broncos"

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would say that sounds about right. On my hour long journey bringing my 2.3 lx vert home, I was passed by everything and everyone. My windstar could drive circles around this thing.:laugh:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Let me see if i have this right Spookie Stang? You dont like 2.3 fords and they are a waste of time???
No, you have nothing right. Your reading comprehension is poor at best. I have absolutely no clue where you got that from. I never said either one of those things or anything close to it.

If i ever have the pleasure of being in west /central florida with the Midnighter. I may just make you eat those words. If you have a stock or mildly modded 4.6 ITS GOING TO BE REAL UGLY. When a little 2.3 smokes your BUTT. Pound for pound the 2.3 makes more HP than a 4.6.
Hahaha, how do you plan to 'make' me eat my words? What, are you going to drag me out of my house and force me to race? Hahahahaha. I love it. I couldn't care less. There are cars faster than mine, there are cars slower than mine. Of course the 2.3 makes more horsepower than the 4.6 pound for pound, that's why the 2.3 SVO's were so awesome. A turbo 4 cylinder in a 3,000 lb car and still get killer gas mileage.

I don't know if you can wrap your brain around the fact that I am talking about non-SVO 2.3 liter Mustangs. I figured I'd let you know in case you didn't realize that.

There is going to be nothing ugly. I will never meet you, thank (insert diety here) and you will never meet me. So just stop with the macho crap. It's not getting you anywhere. ;)

In my view the only thing i would use a 4.6 is to anchor my BOAT. And i am not kidding. Hay 91 keep up the good work dude and never listen to someone that has a 4.6. Talk about a DOG ENGINE . The 5.0 is better and that is not saying MUCH. TOM
Go ahead and use a 4.6 to anchor your boat, that's your business. Good job on trying to insult me by insulting the 4.6. Must be such a crappy motor that they've been using it in the Mustang since '96. It's kind of funny that Ford would use that as the base V8 motor for 14 years if it sucked so bad. The 5.0 is a great motor, too. Both of them are.

I appoligize to the posters for my attitude on this one but its true. Everyone is proud of their work they do on their rides. I dont care if its an exhaust or full blown out street screamer. Hay 91 if you need info just contact this site. all the guys on here are willing to help. Dont let nyone discourage you. Hay spookie stang my 2.3 is only 120 hp NA but when it boosts up its a whole different story. Peace TOM

:run_over::backontopic:
What is true? You gave a very nasty opinion to me when you didn't even bother to read through my post and couldn't even understand them! Of course everyone is proud of the work they do on their rides and they should be. But there comes a time when logic and reasoning should enter the realm of car modification and this is one of those times.

I'm not trying to discourage him. I'm trying to talk sense into him. There's a big difference between the two. Hey Tom, my 4.6 V8 is only 300hp N/A, but if I had boost, it would be a different story, too. :yup:

By the way, it is Spooky. With a 'y'. As in 'why' did you sleep through English class?

I would say that sounds about right. On my hour long journey bringing my 2.3 lx vert home, I was passed by everything and everyone. My windstar could drive circles around this thing.:laugh:
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.