Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering which gears to go to. Runnin 8.8 3.08s right now. Id like something that would do better in town but wont cut my Interstate driving down much. Runnin 70 on 3.08s i can pull 21-22 mpg(average hw/interstate). Town is like 12 if that bad deal cause i drive in town all week then interstate on weekends. I was looking into 3.73s, someone told me they'll help me hook off the line and they wont affect top end much. Mods listed below* :D

G

·
3.73's are good all around gears...

they will help the car to launch better..

with regard to highway mpg it will be a minimal decrease

the 3.73 will make the car a lot more fun to drive....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would 4.10s do? I will be going 25mph average low speed and 55-75mph high speed. So what would you all say a good set would be in your opinion?

G

·
How would 4.10s do? I will be going 25mph average low speed and 55-75mph high speed. So what would you all say a good set would be in your opinion?
you could go 4.10's but the gain in performance would not override

what you lose with regard to gas mileage....

if the car has and AOD you could get away with it

i have 3.73's my car its a mid 10 sec car to high 9's depending on how much its sprayed....

IMO 3.73 are the best bet for a daily driver trust me going from 3.08's to 3.73's

the difference is night and day.......

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I too agree about it being 3:73's. Your mileage won't deteriorate much, you're increasing the leverage to move the car easier and then just be responsible on the interstate, that'll work. I have the 3:73's and they are fine for interstate driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.