Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a thread search for this same particular problem but search function keeps freezing.

I tried to start my car this morning but it would not turn on. All I heard was a clicking sound when I turned the key, it sounded like it was coming from the firewall inside the engine bay drivers side. I doubt it is the battery just had it changed a couple months ago, but then again I do have the stock alternator. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Sounds like your starter solenoid. If that isn't working, you're not moving.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got done working on the same issue. If you hear the clicking that is the starter selnoid engaging. It should be good. The porblem is the starter moter engage unit has fried out. Start by replacing the starter. Now the selnoid is located directly aft of the battery. It is black and will have two big posts left to right and two small ones up and down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Excuse the spelling. "Solenoid".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I bought the starter solenoid frok Kragen auto parts. The one they have has four post instead of three is this normal? Also does anyone have a diagram that shows what cable goes to what post, I know the positive cable goes to the left post (looking from above) is there two cables that go there?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I messed up now :scared I connected everything back and then I smelled something burning so I quickly disconnected the battery, did I just fry the new solenoid or?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.