Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 mustang gt hatchback 5.0. First of all my headlights/turn signals were not working, I took the instrument panel off and noticed some of the wires connecting to the hazard switch were loose and out of the switch. I ordered a switch online with a good pigtail and replaced it. Once I put everything back together, headlights work, turn signals work but the Hazard lights do not work. Just a note, when I have the turn signal on and activate the hazard switch, the turn signal stops blinking but the hazard still does not come on. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I believe one is behind the glove box for the blinker and one on the back of the fuse box is hazzard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
License Plate Lights not working

Ok, got the Hazard lights working by replacing the switch/pigtail. All lights are good Except: license plate lights/interior trunk light.

I tested the pigtail on the license plate lights, NO POWER. The fuse they are on is good. No idea where to start. Yes bulbs are both good. I found the ground screw (far left side under hatchback) and it is grounded nicely.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Clean the conn and trace the wires back to the headlight switch or multi function switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trace wires back? they go through the hatch and then down somewhere in the body. Can't really get to them. I guess I need to find where they are at the fuse box. I assume the disconnect is there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to forum but i hav an 89 mustang gt n my hazards don't work. My signals work but when I put my hazards nothing happens. Now I've read some forums n checked da flicker. But still nothing. I'm new to mustang and am ashamed of this bcuz I luv my 89 but this is really puzzling me. Please help!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts