Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

The driver's side power window is not working. All other switches do operate. I tried replacing the switches with a brand new switch box, but the driver side window still does not open. The wires leading to the switch are tight and clean.

This problem has occurred a few times before. After some time, a week or two, the window magically opened and closed again.

I do not have a voltmeter nor know how to use one to test if the switch has power going to it.

What else can cause this problem?\

TIA

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Ron, welcome to AFM. I moved your question to the 5.0 Tech forum for better assistance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
More than likely, you need to replace the window motor.
you can pick up a Cen-Tech Digital Multimeter from Harbor Freight or any local autoparts store, for around $4.

Also, take apart the switch, if you still have the old one installed, and clean the contact pins with a scotch-brite pad. Make them shiny. that dullish black film or whatever that builds up on the pins hinders the signal. If the new switch is installed, disregard.

Lastly, check the wires. Look for cracks/breaks that could be shorting out, and make sure the fuse is properly seated in the fuse box.

Oh, one more thing, check the connector plug, in the door panel, to make sure it is good and tight.

My money is on the motor going bad though. I've had this same problem with several of my mustangs.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts