Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
alright iv got more issues than what i initially thought here's my symptoms at idle if i quickly tap the gas it stumbles quickly usually she revs about 1k once warmed up it goes down to about 700 which seems fine to me all this has just been the way the car ran up until about a week and a half ago it started losing low end power but as soon as my rpms would get around 2000-2500 the power would be back when cruising at a steady speed you can actually watch the rpms fluctuate about 300-400 and there is a very slight back fire almost hard to notice until i go to lunch break at 3am when its dead quiet outside you can also feel it stumble when the rpms are fluctuating my check engine light was on before all this for a O2 sensor so i figured once all these problems developed that my other O2 sensor went out as well so here is a list of things iv done to it in the last week replaced both O2 sensors new map sensor and a fresh tune plugs wires cap rotor my check engine light is now off but the problems are still there any suggestions it is a automatic by the way thanks in advance

also im going in a few to grab a volt meter to check the tps but i didnt know if that would cause these problems i just wanted to add that as a possiblity im going to try iv already cleaned the maf and tb

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i put a new pcv valve and crankcase filter in sprayed carb cleaner around intake no visible leaks adjusted the tps it was at 1.0 cleaned the iac ran some seafoam and octane boost through the gas every vaccume line has been replaced with silicone hoses a few months back so i know theres not a vaccume leak still no change any suggestions im running out of ideas

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That sounds like a timing problem. The backfiring is the indicator so you need to go over everything to do with the ignition system. Just because you've replaced them doesn't mean there cannot be anything wrong with them. It might be a bad connection for a wire, it might be a split plug boot, it might be arcing in your cap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved:bigthumbsup your right just because there new doesnt mean there correct i originally bought motorcraft spark plugs just to get me by till i put my new heads on well after rackin my brain all day i decided to yank them out because iv never used that brand before and try some ngk's problem fixed im not sure why but it is what it is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.