Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy ok i bought my car off my cousin who would run the car low on gas all the time he ended up thinking that the tranny was toast and i bought it off of him and found out the tv cable grommet had come off so i fixed that and ive been driving the car here and there to find other things wrong and it has a really bad miss.

Now ive changed all the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I checked to make sure i had good spark in all the plugs and they are all gapped properly and still a bad miss. I also did a "Spit test" which if you dont already know is were you run the car for about 30 secs put some spit on your finger and check to see if any of the header tubes are cold. Well i found that the tubes coming off cylinders 2 and 7 i could hold onto after running the car for a few seconds but all the other ones were hotter then hell.

Im just wondering could this be that my injectors are screwed for those cylinders? because thats the only thing i can think of!

Any help would be awesome guy!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have found that misfires are caused by one of three problems: fuel delivery, the ignition system or cylinder pressure. I am pretty sure that the firing order of your car is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. so assuming everything is wired correctly, that would explain the really noticeable misfire. With two cylinders in a row missing it is throwing everything off. Since the header is not hot and you have spark, that leads me to think that there is either a fuel or pressure issue. More than likely you have clogged injectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking injectors are either clogged a bit and not letting a steady spray or just stuck open becasue when i pull out the plugs out of those 2 cylinders theyre wet i was told that the injector could just be dribbling out fuel from being clogged or just constantly shooting fuel in

·
Registered
18 Posts
next compression test the engine to check the cylinders. that should steer you in the right direction, if you have bad compression in those cyl's a leak down tester will tell you where the prob is, this will eliminate the engine as a prob a target the injectors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ill do that next thanks this is alot of help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts