Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1992 mustang gt overheating problem need help

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  boss306 
#1 ·
i have another problem with my car i got my ac working today and the car started to overheat but i have a high volume water pump a 180 stat and a fluidyne radiator with 50/50 coolaint with a bottle of water wetter and when i say overheating the coolant gauge is 3/4 to the top my dad thinks that it may be a seeping head gasket please any info will help out if it is i might get a pair of thumper heads for a little performance boost

#3 ·
water wetter is not meant to be mixed with coolant it is meant to be mixed with only water from what i am told

#4 ·
R u losing any coolant?? When your engine overheats, are both your radiator hoses hot?

#5 ·
yes water wetter is safe to use in cooliant i used it in my fzr 600 for about 5 years before i almost went off a cliff and went skipping on the road for about 50 to 80ft oops anyway yes both of my hoses have pressur i did have a problem with that i went through 3 bad thermostats the brands were mr gasket milodon and summit bad luck i guess and yes all were installed properly the one that finally worked is flow kooler it cost 19.99 but it worked and i have noticed that my stang would use tiny bit of water i would but cooliant in the overflow tank and in about one inch to two inches of cooliant from the overflow tank and i dont know if this helps or not but when i bought the car about a year ago i put prestone radiater flush in it and a lot of rust came out i also used the radiator cleaner on and a lot of rust came out i did that cleaner & flush a few times then i used just straight water with no thermostat and a lot of rust came out again so when i bought my fluidyne radiator i flushed and cleaned it again and alot of rust came out again i know that was probely a big hint of whats wrong but i was not used to cars becuse my first vehicle was that bike for 5 years and i dont know if this is normal or not but when i take off the radiator cap it does have a bit what looks like sludge or somthing i know that i should know whats going on whith my car but i am still learning but i am trying but my car does not smoke and it did pass the smog test and i was having problems with it overheating

#6 ·
I'd suggest, with you saying there was rust coming out, to flush the system, then take the radiator and have it cleaned out. Rust could be coming from the engine, clogging the system.

#7 ·
did what you said and i picked up two bottles of prestone flush and followed the lable but i let it idle for about fifteen minutes or so i also got the prestone cleaner it says to keep it in their for 3 to 6 hours i think that i will do the 6 hr and after i drain all the cleaner out i will put just water in the radiator run til the stat openes up and drain that and put two gal of coolaint one bottle of water wetter then fill it with water does it matter if it is tap water or botlled water and if i should use bottled water what kinde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.