Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everytime i press my horn my relay would make a clicking sound i replaced it and it still makes the same sound any idea on what this could be

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You should take the horn button off and check the wiring. Something is trying to connect the circuit and to find it, check the wires first.
I'm guessing it's a 1992? If yes, then check both buttons. If it was 1989 or earlier, it could be the soldering connecting the wires to the brass ring behind the horn button inside the wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
popped the buttons out and checked they were good they checked the relays they are also good but still making a clicking sound tryed them in my 91 and the horn blows so i know for a fact the relay is good just cant figure out why the relay clicks and no horn honking

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try smacking the shcitt out of the horn with a wrench or hammer. I have the same prob. and a good whack with my ballpeen works everytime. I have to do this about every 2 or 3 mths.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Try smacking the shcitt out of the horn with a wrench or hammer. I have the same prob. and a good whack with my ballpeen works everytime. I have to do this about every 2 or 3 mths.
how did you figure that out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.