Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my solenoid today but I must have connected some wires to the wrong post, I connected the battery and started to smell something burning so I disconnected it. My question is did I fry the solenoid or something else?

G

·
On most older cars there is whats called a fuse able link on my mustang it is next to the master cylinder on the back fire wall i fried one in another vehicle once it was located there as well but you might want to ask one of the mods on how to repair it because im not to sure on how to a friend did mine

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On most older cars there is whats called a fuse able link on my mustang it is next to the master cylinder on the back fire wall i fried one in another vehicle once it was located there as well but you might want to ask one of the mods on how to repair it because im not to sure on how to a friend did mine
Thanks. Will do.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but does the positive connection of the battery go on the post closest to the battery and the rest of the connections go on the other post closest to the firewall, leaving one small boot connection going to top of solenoid right?

G

·
Thanks. Will do.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but does the positive connection of the battery go on the post closest to the battery and the rest of the connections go on the other post closest to the firewall, leaving one small boot connection going to top of solenoid right?

Yes thats correct

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's it. It could be the fusable link or the solenoid.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's it. It could be the fusable link or the solenoid.
GTFIFTY said that the fusable link is located near the master cylinder, do you or anybody else have a pic of it? . Also forgot to mention when I connect everything up now there is now power at least before I replaced I would get all the lights to turn on. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Should have changed the starter.:nono: I'll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
514 Posts
if you are talking about your solinod to your battard bc its not charging your battary with your alt you probably blew your fusble link, happeened to me once you can repace it i guess but this one guy just wired it stright through

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.