Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has recently turned over a 1992 Mustang LX to me. He tried to turn it into some sort of a respectable tuner but ended up putting a stupid looking body kit and doing some minor modifications. As far as I know he has only installed the body kit, ford racing headers, and a magnaflow cat back exhaust system. The car rides slow and hesitates alot when I accelerate. As a new-comer to the mustang tuner world I need somebody to tell me what to do to make this thing fast and to maximize the true potential of this car. My biggest problem is that I don't know what the next step to take is.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
A simple tune up and adjust the timimg and check the TPS for starters. It all depends on age and if the car has been sitting also.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Congrats on ur new stang.........First, you need to thank ur dad!!! As smurf said, you need to get what u have running well b4 you start with any mods...unless of course you find parts not working. Plugs, wires,rotor, and timing..besides the engine feeling like its holding back, any other probs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanx man, that's probably a good idea, i think while i'm having the bumpers replaced i'm gonna have them take a look at the engine to see exactly what's wrong with it right now before I can move forward into some good mods, to be honest i'm really not sure if anything else is wrong, ive only driven it a couple of times so i'm brand new to the car

·
Registered
460 Posts
FYI.......

Mustangs are NOT tuners....

They are American Muscle.....

We dont drive hondas lol.
But congrats on the new fox guy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
reggie....i could not have said it better my self.....mustang a tuner car??? i thought honda's were tuners.....lol!!! man...i am getting old...:gringreen:bigthumbsupwelcome Kubz...

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Start with the basic tune up, it most likely needs one and if it's set a while, you might need to flush the cooling and fuel systems.

R

·
0 Posts
reggie....i could not have said it better my self.....mustang a tuner car??? i thought honda's were tuners.....lol!!! man...i am getting old...:gringreen:bigthumbsupwelcome Kubz...

We got to learn 'em right from the start....:gringreen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you can guys can see I am a mad noob to the fox mustang world, thanx for the support guys I will let you all know when I take the next step with my stang

·
Registered
547 Posts
well since you say headerS i am assuming its the V8 mustang so you got a good mustang thank your father, then see what you are working with, tune it up, change all fluids, clean it up and then make a list of what it has and needs as well as what you would like it to have and then go from there. (these are the steps I take with an used car I get) this way you know what you have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.