Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know That I have to lift the motor up inorder to change it but the question is. do I have to unbolt the tranny, radiator hoses,ect? Can you please tell me what has to be removed and unbolted inorder to get the pan out?? easiest way possible without taking out the motor. I am going to jack the motor up with a jack and piece of wood since i do not have the lift nor money to buy one. any suggestions would be great..

Thanks alot guys, you all are a great help!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi,Try unbolting the fan shroud and jack the motor up.have someone watch the firewall to make sure nothing is getting crushed.jack it up until it won't go anymore and the pan should clear the kmember.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
There is no easy way to do this without taking the engine out. You're going to be on your back and in contorted positions for extended periods of time. And you're going to find the engine has to go WAY up to get room enough to get it off of the oil pump but yet clear the crossmember. The coolant, fuel, electrical lines will all be stretched to the limit, and if you don't want to disconnect the tranny, you'll have to disconnect the tranny mount so it can raise it up with the engine, you don't want that fighting you. Be aware of the shifter position too, raise it enough and you might have to take the shifter out to relieve possible interference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trust me i would rather take it out then deal with it all but dont have a hoist to do it. im stuck with the jack. just trying to figure out what has to be unbolted and the procedure. i really dont have the 325 bucks to throw it in the shop...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.