Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our neighbor has a 92 SC Thunderbird, I don't know what if any mods he's done to it. He raced my lil brothers ricey 90 Integra RS (intake, headers, fart can exhaust) and smoked him, then he proceeds to talking about how his car is the fastest sleeper in our town and what not...it's not so much a sleeper as it is crappy looking, but that's just my opinion. My brother asks me if I would race him, since he wont stop talking smack now, I say sure, but let him bring it up. Sure enough, dumbass lil brother, he runs outside and says, "my brothers car will still smoke u" so an hour later, we're off, easy kill for me, he quickly gets humbled.
Well he tells his cousin or someone, I don't freaking know, and the very next day, there's talk about he didn't drive the car right, he missed shifts, he needed oil changes, he pretty much needed everything and messed up on everything according to them, oh, did i mention it was an automatic...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So after getting egged on by his entire family saying that someother guy would drive it this time and that it won't be the same result, I decide to put and end to this madness, I say sure, let's do it again, but u pay for my gas, and dinner of my choice for my whole family if i win, and then everyone there on ur side, has to help detail my car the next morning. They said sure, but I would have to record it so they could prove to other people that he would smoke me, so I change my tires to my old crappier tires, I didn't wanna waste my new rubber, load up the video camera, and we're off to our fav spot...
I showboated for the camera and burned my tires for a good 2 seconds with the traction control on before I shot out, he got the hole shot on me cause it was an automatic, but I caught him before I shifted to 2nd, chirped the tires, the traction control light is on the whole time, im about 3-4 lengths in front of him, shift to third, traction control light goes off, and I shut down cause there was no point now, shift to 4th, and just cruise back down...I have the video, and will post it as soon as I get home, bad camera guy, you'll see why in the video, but my whole family enjoyed a delicious dinner at claim jumpers, and then I was happy to have a very sparkly car the next day...hahahahahaha...sorry it was so long, i just wanted to paint the picture

·
Registered
554 Posts
it's not so much a sleeper as it is crappy looking, but that's just my opinion.

For some reason, I just started cracking up when I read this!

Great story, Thank you!

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
136 Posts
Let me get this straight? He thought his t-bird sc could take your mach 1???!!! Heh heh sad. Great kill cant wait to see the vid!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vid is kinda funny actually, well maybe more to me than it will be to you all...my little brother was taping it, and well, he's been fired as camera man from now on...he didn't get the take off, he started recording about 3 seconds after the race started, so he missed me burning tires (which I only did purposely for the camera), he missed the T-Bird jumping ahead by a car, and he finally started taping when I was pushing ahead and shifted to 2nd, then to top it all of, as he's walking with the camera I guess, he stumbles into a puddle and well shakes the heck out of the camera...funny video, that and I'm still learning how to make them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Video is being optimized?? It's been doing that since you put it up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i see that...don't know what to say, hopefully it will be up soon...maybe next weekend when I go home again he'll wanna race again, and this time I'll have someone that knows how to videotape, tape it instead of my brother. There was talk about his cousins wanna be Civic Si (it's a regular civic with an Si engine, hahahahaha) thinking he could beat me cause I don't know how to shift or drive my car, *not knowing i burned tires on purpose, had traction control on, and only drove it into the middle of 3rd gear*

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got a message from the streetfire.net people, they said my video is in the queue to get optimized, should be a few more hours, so by tonight it should be up, meaning all of us will be able to watch it tomorrow during work, since thats all we do

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep, video is up! Nice kill yorchi!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any comments on the video please, this is like the first video I really made, so I know there's alot to be fixed on...aside from the crappy cameraman...hahahahahahaha, man i love giving my brother a hard time for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.