Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how this is really suppose to be hooked up. I'm one of those kind of guys that everything has to look right as well as run right. Any pics or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
93 2.3-More Parts Out of Order

Here's one more.

In this photo, I have two parts in question. One is the engine strap ground; I don't think it's suppose to be mounted on the firewall? Where did they originally mount it?
The second thing is the black plastic tubing which isn't hooked up to anything at this point. It runs all the way to the bottom side of the air cleaner housing.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Me again, THIS I am sure of.Picture #1 This is for the PCV valve. On the Driver's side of the block just above the oil pan there should be a boxy looking device called an oil separator. It is press fitted into the block and the PCV valve plugs in the top and then in turn, the hose on to the PCV valve.(SIDE BAR...the oil separator has been known to get loose and have a good deal of oil blow back looking like a rear main seal problem.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I am confused now. I currently have a PCV valve in place. Are you saying that this hosing should be directed down towards my PCV valve? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
132 Posts
hosing

M167, I'm @ work right now, and my mutang (not a misspell) is @ home. I will try to get a picture for you.
Keep in mind I'm basing my answer from a 1990...............I could be way off base for your model.
The good thing with site if I'm wrong they soon will tell us. :laugh:

·
Registered
57 Posts
is that 1st pic up on the valve cover

·
Registered
57 Posts
in the 2nd pic it doesn't look like its in the best spot you could you could bolt it from the block to the fender well down below to get it out of the way.
and that tube just fallow it back and see were it go's it looks like a vacum line or an old fuel line.

·
Registered
132 Posts
:happyhapp Dude, I'm so sorry, I be a world class dumb a$$!!!!!! STAY TUNED You'll see!
#1 You are correct that you have the PCV valve already.The hose goes right where it is now on the valve cover , only thing is it is a heat molded formed hose. I did get some pictures on my phone before the storm hit yesterday and if I can get the pictures from my e-mail to transfer I post them.
#2 electrical connections, the same gray connector, same location with nothing plugged into it.The black one plugs into what "looks like a inline fuse holder" then goes about 6" to the drivers side between the starter relay and battery tray
#3 the long thinwall hard plastic tube running across the the rear fire wall plugs into a hose that goes under the intake where the throttle body is.There's a metal tube that points to the rear firewall and the hose is between the valve cover and EGR somewhere around 16" in length. Again I am such a maroon!!!!!!!!!!
If I can get the pictures on here I will then I'll go in self exile .......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Potitang,
:scratchchin So on the valve cover photo. Are you saying I should have a hose that connects on to my current "mess" and goes down to the PCV valve?

On the black electrical round connector, are you saying that it connects to what you are calling the "inline fuse looking connector" then is it bolted to the fender well between the battery tray and starter relay.

On the black tubing, I'll have to dig and find that port that it's supposed to be hooked up to.

Your pics might help me from jibber jabbering so much. :yakyak:

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
M167 I gave you BOGUS info about that piece of hose on the valve cover yesterday...the hose on the valve cover DOES NOT( I am emphasizing MY DUMB A$$ mistake ) have anything to do with the PCV valve. If you pull the hose end closest to the oil fill cap there should be a metal pipe sticking up.The hose that slides over the pipe is a molded hose which comes up, turns a 90*,clears the plug wires and is attached to a piece of piping that is on the Throttle Body. I will guess that it is a breather of some type.
The black connector on mine is bolted to the fender well with 1 other same sized wire,I'll assume it is factory
On my ride,standing in front of the motor looking under the Throttle Body and intake I can see where the PCV hose goes into the TB from the front and past it is a smaller piece of metal pipe facing the rear, I needed a flash light to see it.
I'm still having problems with the photos.E-mail me @[email protected] and I can forward them directly to you.
Once more I'm sorry for the misinformation.
TJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.