Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock in-dash tach will sit around 2500-3000 RPM at idle even though the car is not idling nearly that high, but the tach will never go lower than that until it goes back to 0 when i turn it off. When i am driving, it will move, but it will still never go below around 3000 RPM. Is there any way to fix that?

·
Registered
457 Posts
im no mechanic, but try unplugging your battery for about 5-10 minutes it will reset your computer and possibly fix the problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've unplugged the battery a few times already to work on other stuff so I'm sure it's nothing that would fix

·
Registered
21 Posts
i also had tach problems not too long ago. i changed out my ignition control module(ICM) and have been fine since. i know its auto zone but heres a link that might help ya if it doesnt work register your vehicle with auto zone online and you will find some helpful info that you might not always find elsewhere. AutoZone.com | Membership Benefits

and as always good luck with that!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i also had tach problems not too long ago. i changed out my ignition control module(ICM) and have been fine since. i know its auto zone but heres a link that might help ya if it doesnt work register your vehicle with auto zone online and you will find some helpful info that you might not always find elsewhere. AutoZone.com | Membership Benefits

and as always good luck with that!
My tach is doing the same thing - where is this module located?
PICs please

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tach is doing the same thing - where is this module located?
PICs please
well unless you're sure that is the problem it is not worth it to buy a new one because it is a very expensive part which i have already replaced since i got the car and it didn't fix the problem, unless i received a faulty one, but it is not throwing any codes relating to the ICM so i'm fairly sure that this problem isn't caused by the ICM. My best hypothesis so far is that it is something internal in the tach itself so i am hoping to go in sometime this week while my trans is getting rebuilt to take a closer look at the tach itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.