Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth putting 93 cobra heads on a stock 88 along with gt40 upper & lower and e303 cam??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea from wut i hear thats the best way to go but the thing is i got cobra heads for free and i dont have the $$ for the gt40's right now so i was wondering if i shud wait and save the money or just put it all together with the cobra heads

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
GT40 heads are what came on the 93 Cobra, but if you dont want em Ill buy em for $40. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
The gt40 heads and E303 cam came on the 93 cobra. The gt40 intake flows a little better than the cobra intake, so you would basically have cobra motor minus the rockers, throttle body, maf, injectors, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i had thought that the heads were gt40's but someone had told me no they arent the same i dont kno but thanks and noo i dont wanna sell them for $40 lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
i need some help one of my friends has a 93 cobra and he is selling me his engine but will it fit my 87 5.0.......

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
The GT40P heads do present a problem because of the spark plug angle, especially if you are running long tubes. MAC long tube headers bolt up but you may have modify (cut in half) a half inch drive spark plug socket. Its all good though.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46 Posts
100% worth the upgrade. i put cobra heads on my 88 with the 1.7 rockers and WOW seat of the pants dyno says WIN. traction has become a huge issue as the low end torque is wicked. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definitely worth it. Even with speed density and no tune, heads and intake will give you that seat of the pants thrill. With CAI, exhaust and gears I am leaving LT1 cars in my mirrors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.