Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a keyless remote from ikeyless since I only got one when I bought the car. It is a 2 button like my other one, but not quite the same. I got the programming instructions and it states:

Insert key in ignition and turn on (but don't start the car).

Press and hold the PROGRAMMING OVERRIDE BUTTON until the siren beeps...blah...blah...blah...

It says the button is supposed to be found A)near the base of the drivers side dash, near the underside of the steering wheel base, B)near the hood pop lever, or C) near or in a red LED switch on the dash. The button may be recessed in a plastic ring.

Has anyone done this before and have this "programming override button" and know exactly where it is and what it looks like. I was looking under the dash but didn't see anything that looked like a button.

On my '95 F150, I have to jumper this little plastic tab that's hanging (kind of looks like the spout connector on the distributor). I looked for something like that but didn't see it either.

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pretty much all keyless systems/alarms are the same. You have the main box which houses the electronics. Usually that is installed somewhere under the dash board. It has a 12v power wire, a ground, 12v ignition on wire, and various of wires depending on the system (horn, lights, dome light, park lamps). The keyless part is tapped into your door lock switches (usually via the driver side kick panel) and sometimes has external relays if the box itself doesnt have the circuit built in.

Anyway back to your question connected to that main box should be a wire going to a manual push button switch (they are small and usually are meant to be so they aren't obvious). This switch is usually used to goto other modes, disable the system, or program it.

If I were you I would find the keyless main box and follow the wires, you should be able to find the switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts