Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1993 2.3 has recentaly started loosing power upon acceleration once up tto speed will maintain but severe lack of acceleration any suggestions where to start? thanks, eaglescout

·
Registered
166 Posts
check your air filter, have you put a cold air kit on or made any mods to the induction system? also try some fuel system cleaner, you could have dirt in your lines. mine did the same thing but was because i tampered with my induction system, and it was running lean. but cheack that stuff out

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pardon me, but you can have dirt in your lines all your life, and it won't effect a darn thing, plus if it's in there, it's not going anywhere with "fuel system cleaner". If it's after the filter, nothing is going to help it at all.

Timing is off is the most common symptem in all engines. Start with new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor.

Try that, then report back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
lawngodfather said:
Pardon me, but you can have dirt in your lines all your life, and it won't effect a darn thing, plus if it's in there, it's not going anywhere with "fuel system cleaner". If it's after the filter, nothing is going to help it at all.

Timing is off is the most common symptem in all engines. Start with new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor.

Try that, then report back.
Cap and Rotor?????? The 93 has DIS. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Should be every 30,000. Its cheap and easy to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.