Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve got a 1993 Notchback that I've been converting over to a carb'd v8 and I'm having some issues with getting it started.

Car was a 2.3L Automatic with EFI. I ditched the passenger side wiring harness for the computer completely, so there's no mess coming from the pass side firewall. Do I have to put some of that harness back in or am I good with what I've done? After I took that out, I noticed that I wasn't getting any power to my radio, and to a couple other miscellaneous things. What could be the problem here?

I"m told that I could just wire the neutral safety switch from the auto trans that was mated to the four cylinder together, but I don't know if this is true. There's a little four prong round plug that was the NSS, I don't know how to wire that thing together, or what the NSS even does.

Is there any way I can just bypass this?

·
Registered
941 Posts
the car will not start if the neutral safety switch is not in the right place aka park or nutraul or manual the clutch pressed in so if it wont even turn over i bet it cuz you have not wired up you NSS

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Sounds about right to me, the neutral switch needs to go in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I just cut the plug off and splice those wires together for the NSS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you can...

Can I just cut the plug off and splice those wires together for the NSS?
You need to find the NSS switch on the transsmisson It's on the pass side a little ahead of the shifter linkage. Just find it and push up on the the conector or pull up on the wires it has no lock on it so it comes off fairly easy. Jump the red wire with violet stripe to the white wire with a pink stripe and it will start in any gear. If you don't feel like crawling under the car you can also find these wires in a black connector behind the drivers side kick panel and jump them there.

The kick panel is the way to go it's easier and you don't have to splice anything if you don't want to. Here are some pictures of both ways.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.