Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks! I have a 93 5.0, just barely got it. I have a issue with putting it into gears. When the engine is off, it shift into gear fine without no problems at all. The problem occurs when engine is on and i cannot even force it into the gears. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds like it could be the clutch not disengaging fully. Check your clutch cable and clutch fork to make sure they're in good condition.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi Folks! I have a 93 5.0, just barely got it. I have a issue with putting it into gears. When the engine is off, it shift into gear fine without no problems at all. The problem occurs when engine is on and i cannot even force it into the gears. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. My clutch cable was breaking. I went to Steeda, and bought a new one for about $60, but that was with $20 for 2 day mail. If you do not already have a adjustable cable, and or firewall adjuster, I would get one. The kit cost about $110-120 from Steeda. You get= adjustable cable, firewall adjuster, and quadrant. Steeda uses one of the best cables around for what I have read. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.