Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 93 5.0 mustang lx automatic the car is just slow as ****. Its like the car wont get out of its own way. its a pretty much stock car timing is set on it new tune up we pulled two plug wires off of it today and nothing changed idled the same and revd the same any ideas thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well first you need to replace the cap, rotor, wires and plugs (don't forget to gap your plugs to .0054 i believe). This is the first step in a tune-up.

R

·
0 Posts
complete tune up including a new fuel filter would be the place to start...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tune up already done

everything is new msd cap n rotor ford racing wires nad msd coil fuel filter is new timing is set it sputters and wont idle when its cold

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reading codes

not recently before it had codes for an o2 sensor and insuffencent coolant temp put an o2 sensor in it and havent checked it

·
Registered
651 Posts
I would replace the coolant sensor, its on the passenger side sitting on top of the hard coolant line running next to the valve cover. You never said if you replaced the plugs but I would think you did. Check the codes again and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
not recently before it had codes for an o2 sensor and insuffencent coolant temp put an o2 sensor in it and havent checked it
Make sure the car is good and warm when you run the codes. About 170° F and if you still get the ECT sensor code, then replace it. If the temp is right when the codes are ran, it will give false readings, and you may end up replacing stuff you dont need to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.