Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1993 5.0 and I am about to buy some gt40p heads for it, and I wanted to know if my carburetor and intake from original heads will fit. Also will the headers fit and do i need a different cam.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The GT40P Cast Iron Heads will fit just fine, any intake from an original 302 will fit as well, the headers will bolt right up. As for the cam, or any head swap the way you make power with any new head by upgrading the valve train to match, this is your key combination to performance, it would be wise but stock will work.

·
Registered
460 Posts
With the GT-40p heads dont you need a special header(unless you already have them and i missed that) because of where the spark plugs are located. Also since you will have the heads off i would upgrade the valve train. I personaly like the lunati voodoo cam for a carbed engine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No special headers needed, they have plug wires with different angle boots to help with troubled angles but you should be fine, if your plug wire seems to be in the way Id spend the 40 buck on straight boot wires rather than a couple hundred on headers, anyhow I would say lunati has some bad ass cams and fairly cheap but I will always say im a custom grinde cam guy, call and speak to a cam rep and let them know your exact setup and what you want from the cam as for performance, lope idle or whatever and for around 300 bucks you have the perfect cam for that car. So Cant Go Wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.