Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93' notchback with some problems that can be taken care of. (starter/eec) Now my mechanic calls me up and has a 93 5 speed hatchback he'd like to trade and some cash. He said the my car would go to the junkyard. Anyways, what's the weight difference? Is it faster than an auto in any way?
I happen to like the trunk on the foxbodys. But i'm obviously thinking of doing it. Which would be the better of the 2?

·
Registered
57 Posts
which car would go to the junkyard?

·
Registered
202 Posts
If i'm not mistaken the notch's actually way less but if your a decent driver than the 5 speed will more than make up for that. Once you fold down the rear seats on a hatch the amount carry is termendous and even without the seats down the carrying space is all right. What year is the hatch? In any case if it's in good condition I'd say go for it

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The notch.:weeps

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i'm not mistaken the notch's actually way less but if your a decent driver than the 5 speed will more than make up for that. Once you fold down the rear seats on a hatch the amount carry is termendous and even without the seats down the carrying space is all right. What year is the hatch? In any case if it's in good condition I'd say go for it

91'-93' I'll see and drive it tomorrow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i say keep your car and fix it yourself, any good mechanic would tell you.... it more worth the wait than to get one that might not work completely well when you know the problems on your car are the only ones there for the time being.... and i will only say this once...... keep the notchback, its more rare than the hatchback.....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i say keep your car and fix it yourself, any good mechanic would tell you.... it more worth the wait than to get one that might not work completely well when you know the problems on your car are the only ones there for the time being.... and i will only say this once...... keep the notchback, its more rare than the hatchback.....

Your right, I love my notch.

·
Registered
960 Posts
here are a few facts hatchback weighs more 5spd are better but the 5spd wont help with the extra weight notchs are more rare and more sought after so you can resell it for more also ecus and starters are pruty cheap not worth another fox going to the junk yard.

·
Registered
91 Posts
notchs are better end of story.... keep your car...

·
Registered
57 Posts
All depends on what YOU like

·
Registered
92 Posts
i would hate to see your notch go to the junk yard, that would be a waste. and why would he send it to the junk yard anyway? is he that much insane!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
personally gt verts are the sexiest :p that said i have a gt vert and a notch if i had a choice between a 2.3 notch or a hatch definitely going with the notch

·
Registered
91 Posts
see i would have to disagree. i cannot stand notches. i love my hatch, i would go hatch cause its got a 5sp
I guess I saw that coming don;t worry I have a hatch anyway lol and I love it... but ir I could chose between an org v8 notch or a v8 hatch both lX I would get the notch ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to keep the notch. I love the trunk style foxbody. I'll just put a 5 speed in it. My boy has a 5.0 5 speed he wants to make automatic. I think we're switching parts and going halfs on his tranny, or selling the other tranny to buy his.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.