Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has a 93 Mustang with factory CD player have any idea what file formats it will play? I understand that the reason why my CDs wont play is due to the fact that modern CDs are written with different formats but I was thinking I could change mp3s to a different format that the stock CD player could read

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Retail CD's come in a CDA format. Although burning a CD in CDA format isn't a guarantee that it'll work. Use CD-R's and hope that the player will read them. If not, you'll need to get a newer player.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried retail CDs as well and they wont play either, I guess it just must be broke. I was reading on another thread that a guy sent his in to be repaired and it has worked fine since. He didn't specify where he sent it to be repaired however.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Do you have to keep it stock?

If not, you can get a pretty decent CD-player that'll play any media format and burnt CDs for 200$ or less.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i have a great alpine unit that cost 125, plays cd's has a bluetooth hook up if you get the box and wire (i did, can wirelessly play music from a phone, and get calls thru your stereo, comes with mic and all) and a front aux in, its a few years old, so im sure the new units in that price range will be even better, it was a big diffrence going from stock to a good quality head unit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is completely stock right now with just over 3,000 miles on it so I would like to keep the CD player in it, as it is rare to find one that has a stock radio, let alone one that works after 18 years. Have any idea where I could send it to get it fixed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts