Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 foxboby door lock actuators & Gettin 'em out -

Fellas I have a question and my arm doesnt bend but so many ways. How in the world do you get door lock actuators out? Is there a trick?? There has got to be a trick.

I cant see the silly 'ole thing. Have you guys removed one before.

Well, really I got two questions When I replace them, will my power locks work. Cause they dont work now. I heard it's a common problem for them to stop working?

My '93 only has 63K miles on it. You think maybe it froze in the weather so they had to cut the revits.And if it freezes it's frozen up or down. I think I got -- maybe.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Mine froze on me so I couldn't even lock or unlock the door. I had to remove the door panel and use a dremel cutter to cut the little bar off the top of the actuator. Then you have to drill out the rivet on the side of the door to remove the actuator. You'll need a 1/4" rivet to replace the one you drilled out. I think you can use a small bolt and nut if you don't have a rivet. My drivers side is bolted and my passenger side is riveted. If I have to replace my drivers side someday, I'll rivet it back in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I did mine about 2 years back, pretty much 2 ways to change them one is you can sometimes leave the mounting bracket in place and maneuver the actuator off of it, or what I did was drill the rivet out and install a new one. The door panel must come off for both ways and take care not to rip the vapor barrier.

The reason why they suck is the rubber boot rips, crack, mostly due to moisture and the motor seizes. In my case the power locks wouldn't work nor would the key less entry but I was able to manually turn the lock with my keys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts