Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know that egr isn't going to keep my donkey from running so it's got to be something small and stupid. Everything hooked up though , that I can see. Maybe bad gas? I still get the 33 code. I left the plate on and hooked it all back up. It kicks over but doesn't stay running. It's an 8 plug 4cyl. Here's a video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419Dp0HjLA0

Remember the egr valve is now hooked up but the delete plate is still there. I had put 17 lb fuel injectors in it and ran it for a while. I took it for an hour ride it was fine. Took it back home, hour drive, and when I got off the highway and caught the light it stalled. I barelly got it home. I put the original injectors back in and it started doing this. Did I mess something up from the 17 lb injectors? I never tuned for it just ran them. This is making me want to buy another engine but don't really have the money. Please, any serious suggestions. Thank you.

·
0 Posts
Pull your spark plugs and check them, if the problem started after switching to the higher-flow injectors, it's probably running too rich.

If they're fouled, put in a fresh set, and put your stock injectors back in.

The stock injectors on that 2.3 were already more than adequate for stock; they'd even support a better cam, more aggressive ignition timing, and a ported head nicely. Heck, I even ran a dry 50hp nitrous kit on my '88 Mustang LX convertible with the stock injectors.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the stock injectors in. And the spark plugs are fine. I'm going to have to try the timing belt.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the stock injectors in. And the spark plugs are fine. I'm going to have to try the timing belt.

I found an old thread on here. Someone had a really loose timing belt. They changed it and it started up. Timing is on but it's loose. I can slip it off as it sits. It's worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.