Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently trying to finish my 93 GT stroker swap. I was able to make the car run beautifully when at idle or just reving the motor. However, when I try to drive the car, the motor runs rough and likes to die. Its an all new crate carbed 347 with MSD electronic distributor, control module and coil. I doesn't backfire and idles great right around 800-900 rpm. When I try to move the car it shakes and sputters out. Could this be the timing or is it something else like the drivetrain? It does have a brand new clutch and TKO 600 trans. Any help would sure be appreciated. Its been one of those projects that just never seems to get done. I've used this site multiple times to work out kinks and I'm fishing without bait on this one.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
sounds more like it's a carb, fuel issue(I'd sure have kept the fuel injection)...what fuel pump are you using? Can you get it to a dyno for a custom tune and see what is going on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was also thinking a vac leak. The pump is a mechanical holley and pressure seems to stay right around 6-7 psi. I'm going to check for vac leaks today but I'm not sure thats it. I only run my brake booster and all the other ports are plugged. I might have a ground issue as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this is one of those classic "I'm a dumbass" moments. I check my vac system out this morning and wouldn't you know it? The cruise control was still hooked up. I disconnected it at the vac tee and plugged it. The car made its first trip down the road today. Thanks for the help! I love this site!:worship

1 - 5 of 5 Posts