Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 GT 5 speed with a T5. I recently installed a Ram flywheel, RAM HDX clutch (just an upgrade from the stock one), UPR Firewall adjuster, and an O'reilly clutch cable. I already had a billet quadrant. Anyway... I got everything installed and drove home. Everything felt awesome and then I started loosing my pedal feel until I had no clutch pedal and it would not shift. I drove 10 miles before it failed. It felt like the cable came off the quadrant but it did not. The cable is on the clutch fork, it is attatched to the quadrant but it acts as if it is an inch too long now and has no tension. I adjusted the firewall adjuster all the way out and it still does not have enough tension. With the firewall adjuster adjsuted all the way out, I can grab the cable and pull it about an inch away from the adjuster

Did I do something wrong or is my cable stretched out already? I did not drive it hard at all in the 10 miles that I drove it. Did I just learn why not to buy a cheap cable or is something else wrong that I am overlooking? Any suggestions a cable that I should get?http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

·
Registered
693 Posts
Might be the wrong cable. Two much of a travel to it but have been sticky enough at first , to be able to make a few shifts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. Put a Ford factory clutch cable in my car and has been running fine ever since. Fit perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.