Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Well after 5 years of being without a pony, I finally got another Mustang. Picked up a clean unmolested 93 convertible. This car is bone stock other than some cobra rims. I am having a issue with the A/C. the air blow cold however no air comes out from the vents. All the air seems to being blowing towards the floor. Any idea what to look for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
My first thought would be check to make sure all your vacuum lines are hooked up and opening the vacuum motors.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Could be the check valve in the engine bay but doubtful since you mentioned that your other vents are working.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually to clarify the only vents that work are the floor vent. Neither the dash vents or the defroster vents work

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Almost Stk. I checked again and the air is coming out from the defrost vents. The A/C is blowing cold just not out of the vents I want it to come out of.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That happened to mine as well. One of my vacuum lines came disconnected (well, broke) when I was working on the intake. The large red oval is the vacuum tree that the vacuum line is connected to. The small red oval is the line for the vents/defroster/lower vent. The yellow oval is where the vent line runs to. Make sure this line is not broken and is attached to the vacuum tree on the firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found it thanks to everyone's help. Broken vacuum line! Replaced and now I have ice cold A/C blowing in my face! Hooray.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you post a pic of which line it was, mine is doing this right now the only think i had to do was zip tie one of those silver things under the dash.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Did you try the line I mentioned in the pic 2 posts above yours? I believe that's the one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its was the line mark pointed out. mine was cracked in the middle on the line. Replaced with a new vacuum hose and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where could I find the ordering info for the hose Mark pointed out in the little red oval? Also, where could I find a low cost brake booster? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I don't see the little red oval in the pic so I'm assuming your talking about the broken hose on the A/C port?
You can buy a rubber hose at most auto parts stores that will fit tight over the A/C port, then slip the other end of the hose onto the plastic line going to the check valve near the passenger side on the firewall.

If the ID of the rubber hose is to big for OD of the plastic line you can use a little silicon to seal up the gap between the two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see it when I click on the picture... but thank you very much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts