Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1993 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L. After I cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner, the idle started running 1000-2000 RPMS up and down. After this started happening I did a tune up changing the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and the rotor. Also I changed the idle air control valve. After doing all these changes my car continued doing the same thing. After reading many forums I decided to change the TPS then the Idle stopped going up and down between 1000-2000 RPMS. Now the idle is constant at 1500 RPM which is still high. I tried to regulate the idle using the screw on the bottom side of the throttle body and its all the way out but the car is still running at 1500 RPMS. I would appreciate if you reply with your comments or thoughts of how I can fix this problem. Thank you.

PS - I checked all the vacuum lines to see if I had any leaks, and I didn't find any leaks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi, I have a 1993 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L. After I cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner, the idle started running 1000-2000 RPMS up and down. After this started happening I did a tune up changing the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and the rotor. Also I changed the idle air control valve. After doing all these changes my car continued doing the same thing. After reading many forums I decided to change the TPS then the Idle stopped going up and down between 1000-2000 RPMS. Now the idle is constant at 1500 RPM which is still high. I tried to regulate the idle using the screw on the bottom side of the throttle body and its all the way out but the car is still running at 1500 RPMS. I would appreciate if you reply with your comments or thoughts of how I can fix this problem. Thank you.

PS - I checked all the vacuum lines to see if I had any leaks, and I didn't find any leaks.
Strange.. I'd say IAC but since you replaced it.. i'm scratching my head. Try pulling codes and see what the computer says. Does it run strong above idle?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange.. I'd say IAC but since you replaced it.. i'm scratching my head. Try pulling codes and see what the computer says. Does it run strong above idle?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Thanks for your advice. If you have anyother suggestions please let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts