Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Professional Products 70mm tb and there is no hole in the throttle blade. I have had a surging idle problem since i but the cam in and new throttle body and egr spacer. If i hold the rpms up for a second or two then let off the car idles fine, for a while anyways. My question is if i drill a small hole in the blade will it help fix the surging issue? I have heard of people doing that to cure a surging idle. What size hole should i drill? Has anyone had a surging idle problem like this before? I have checked for vac leaks and found none and tps voltage is in spec. IAC is new so any tips would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks guys.

~Shawn

·
Registered
73 Posts
My BBK TB had a 1/4 hole drilled in it form the previous owner. I actually soldered the hole back but haven't tried it out yet. The previous owner told me that it helped his idle to drill the 1/4 inch hole but I haven't actually had any experience with it myself. My advice is, buy an adjustable IAC plate or drill as small a hole as you can and then go bigger if you have to. Also if you get the hole in there and nothing seems to change you can take a Propane torch and some solder and patch it like I did.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
What you can also do Shawn is get the IAC valve plate. This seems to cure a lot of surging idles, I use it myself.

86-93 IAC ADJUSTER MUSTANG

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drilled a 1/8 inch hole in the blade and as soon as i get new gaskets i will try it out. I may just have to get that plate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It worked............so far so good. It idles nice now. At bout 900 rpms. No up and down surges so im happy now. Thats to all that replied with advise.

~Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.