Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought my first car and it happens to be a 1993 Mustang LX 2.3L 5spd. I really wanted the v8 but couldn't afford it. I have some issues that maybe I can get some help because I don't have too much money and I would like to learn how to fix my own car. The car has a high idle (over 1500) and when I turn on the A/C, the idle goes down. Also the idle is not constant when I turn on the car, it moves up and down for a while until it settles at around 1600-1700 with A/C off and about 1100-1200 with A/C On. I don't know much about cars but I think the engine should work less when the A/C is off? Or I'm I wrong? What could it be?

Also the man I bought it from said the clutch has around 6 months left, when I use the car for about 1 hour, first gear starts to grind a lot and I have to force it in, also 3rd grinds when the car is hot or cold. I looked online and I read that it could be the transmission fluid that when it gets hot it thins, should I put a thicker fluid.

Also I just saw that the engine smokes from behind, it is a white smoke but there is no leaks anywhere, from the bottom I can see that the smoke moves backwards and it starts after the engine is on for about 5 minutes, any ideas? Sorry for the long thread and for so many questions. Any help is really appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to say that the check engine light is On when the A/C is off. But if I turn the A/C On, the check engine light turns on and off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts