Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock duration of a 1993 mustang lx 2.3L camshaft? I'm building my car up gradually and I figure I have to start somewhere. If I could get a suggestion on where to get one that will make a noticeable difference that would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked this up before but cant remember for sure. I thought it was around 247 deg duration and .390" lift at valve.

I will see if I can dig up the data.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks because I cannot find it. I have a few more questions, Like what parts would you need to throw into a 2.3l n/a to make it rated for 20 psi other than forged pistons a new camshaft and rods. I now some of the small things like plumbing, but do I need to get a new crankshaft? stuff like that. If some one could tell me something that would be not to obvious that I would need to get that would be great :D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
if you are talking about converting it to a turbocharged engine, you don't need to replace the crank or rods. They are the same as the ones on a turbo car.
the stock turbo cam is right at .420 lift and 270 duration. The most important thing on a turbo cam is the seperation degree. Look up Boport.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do You have any suggestions on where to get a crank that could handle high rpm's? and if I build to stand about 6000 rpm's would I need a new cylinder head?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the stock EEC should exceed 6k. If you want heavier duty stuff go to Esslinger or Racer Walsh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.