Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Mustang LX 5.0 Hatch, the speedometer was not working when i bought the car and i just decided to try replacing the speed sensor as i have had this problem before and still nothing, i bought a brand new one frome latemodelrestoration.com, PLEASE HELP I AM LOST WITH THIS, SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST OF THINGS TO CHECK, THANKS!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that, but is there anyway to check anything, maybe inside the transmission where the speed sensor goes in??

·
Registered
122 Posts
id check and make sure the speedo cable is hooked before anything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda think whatever turns the little plastic gear that goes inside the tranny is missing because when I looked inside the hole the speed sensor goes into there's nothing on the, juat a hole coming in from one side? How does it work exactly?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
There should be a plastic gear inside the transsmission. Was there a plastic gear on the end of your speedometer cable that went into the tranny?

Was your speedo working and then stopped or never working since you owned car? In order to replace the gear in the tranny requires dropping it put a new one if it's truly missing or stripped.

One way to check think it put a cordless drill on end of your speed cable at transmission and see if you can get the speedo to show a reading. If so, then it's probably the drive gear as your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts