Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is William, I'm nineteen years old, and I live in Calhoun, GA. If you're from my area, or more likely from Dalton, you have most likely seen my black and red Mustang running through town or down the interstate. I'm a student major in Office and Business Technolofy at Dalton State College.

Currently I'm working on making my baby ( aka. my Mustang) look and drive better. Originally she was just the red color when my father gave me her on my sixtenth birthday. She wasn't very well taken care of; the tires were the orginal tires from 1993 ( they were very slick and I was so surprised they hadn't popped ), there were sticks and bugs in the air filter, there was wiring from three different radios shoved in the radio box, if you turned the radio over 32, it would shut off and you would have to blow the horn to make it turn back on, etc. There was a lot of problems when I first got it. Not to mention it had been t-boned on the passeneger side before, though the morons who repaired it didn't even pop out the dents- they just filled them with bondo and repainted over it.

So far, I have replaced the tires, maintained the oil and filters when they needed to be, practically replaced the entire engine without actually replacing the engine ( alot of the parts broke or didn't want to work up to par of what they should be ), repainted it from the body line upwards, and added a few extra parts I enjoy ( speakers, neon lights under the dash, radio, etc. ). I am no where near done or even close to my goal of what I want her to look and drive like.

The engine is a four cylinder- great gas mileage, sucky power- and I will keep it that way. I am a person who values flash over power and, to be honest, going to fast scares the hell out of me. I want to repair the passenger side to get rid of all the dents and bondo from the crash, fix some of the molding on both sides that are a) broken and b) missing. I want to take out the engine, transmission, and axles out, put it up on a spindle, sandblast the entire car, do any other repairs that need to be done, and re-paint it artic white from the body line down, and performance red in the engine bay and above the bodyline. I want to put a GT body kit on it- I know its an LX but I love how awesome the GT kit looks- put a GT spoiler on the trunk deck, and add some red neon lights underneath the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently discovered the Concept X body kit, and I was wondering a) will it fit my car? b) where can I find one for a good price?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts