Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay so i have a 93 mustang lx that had the engine with 8 sparkplugs and two coil packs, EFI , and what not. and i have been doing research and data gathering on the adapting the Volvo B234F DOHC head's to my mustang. but due to the lack of knowledge i have on my own engine i do not know if the said modification will work with what i have. and i have really been wanting to do this for quite sometime know. i guess what i trying to say is can it be done and if so how. (i will note that: it has been done to the merkur 2.3 and the XR4Ti and 90's 2.3 Ranger) ((i have also noted that my engine has similarities to the 94 ranger)). I could really use some input and and knowledge. since i have never attempted anything like this.:?:

·
Registered
173 Posts
It can be done, i've seen a write up on the conversion somewhere on this forum. But its a HUGE undertaking. Rework the intake , exhaust , pulley system and much much more. I'm sure there is an easier way probably go with Boport or ensslinger head and cam. Don't go with the ranger cam no improvement over stock but I use the roller followers with the stock cam in my daily driver. Best of luck,Greg

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
WELL IT IS EXPENSIVE. Better off getting a head from BO. peace Tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the hp boost from the DOHC?

Sent from my M865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
As far as HP vs money go with Bopart. Without question. Now want something differant and got money go DOHC. Now a thought I had and not alone is to use the Volvo turbo SOHC head. Similiar bolts down still needs spacer. But it is already setup for turbo if using a Turbo Volvo SOHC.
Now on you engine. Unsure if your is the smaller crankshaft version. I don't know year start.
SOHC and DOHC pictures of mine here may help. Maurice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts