Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1993 notch w/ trickflow heads, B303 cam trickflow street intake. I bought this mustang in kind of a divorce sale. It had been sitting for a while. When you step on it it either backfires or pops through the intake. Ive tried different timing settings. I ran a self test and got a code 94? (I think ) whatever it was the book said spout circuit not completed. The spout itself has continuity and I can't find ad any gross wiring problems. Unfortunately where I live There isnt much around for tuning help. Any ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
could be a number of things, before i'd get too deep into it i would replace the ignition coil and see if that works especially scince its been sitting up it could be breaking down. The same goes for the ignition control module mounted on the side of the distributor, If neither one of those help i would look at replacing the pickup in the distributor. If worse comes to worse spin the motor over to 0 degrees where the timing guide and zero meet up on the harmonic balancer, which is topdead center on cylinder 1.Then pull the distributor cap off and see if the rotor button is pointing to the cylinder 1 plug wire. If its not somewhere close then you could be out of time.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'd give it a full tune up with new cap/rotor, plug wires, coil, module, pickup, plugs, and then adjust the timing. This will get you started and then make sure the fuel system is up to par with a fresh filter and clean injectors. If the gas in it is more than 4-5 months old, that needs to be removed and some fresh put in.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would possibly check to see if your fuel pump is keeping up test to see what pressure it is putting out i think that it is supposed to be at about 40psi but look it up because i am not positive about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I took a distributor out of my other car and put it inthis one. Ill get a fuel filter and check pressure before I fire it up. I pulled the computer out to see which one it was, and ther was a new EEC connector spliced on to the harness. It looks like a good job but some of the wires on the connector side look like they got hot. Im glad I didnt pay much fir this car. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Spout Circuit failure code is 18. If it truly a code, meaning not a memory code, then you may not be getting any advancement of timing from the ECM. Make a jumper wire, and install it in place of the SPOUT and see of the problem persists

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.