Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced my fuel pump recently , when i was putting the tank back in place i noticed that the black rubber filler boot that goes where the hole is in the tank to the shaft goes when fueling a vechile was damaged , where can i buy a new one ? :scratchchin

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I would personally go to a local wrecker or find someone parting out their mustang. I personally did get a parts car for instances such as that. I spent $300 on the thing (it ran too) and I have definately made up that in parts I didn't have to buy.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Oh, and worse comes to worse, head down to the local ford dealership. They can get anything for any model car they ever made. It's kinda cool. But, you will pay a fortune (I spent $60 on a parking brake equalizer cable :happyhapp).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and worse comes to worse, head down to the local ford dealership. They can get anything for any model car they ever made. It's kinda cool. But, you will pay a fortune (I spent $60 on a parking brake equalizer cable :happyhapp).
:bigthumbsup thanks , i called the dealership they want $35 dollars , im going to take your advice and try looking around at wrecking yard first. thanks for the advice..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Which seal are you looking for?

1. where the filler tube penetrates the tank? If so, 79-97 FUEL FILLER NECK GROMMET MUSTANG
2. where the tube passes through the floorboard? Junkyard
3. where the filler connection passes through the body (right where you put the nozzle in the tube) Junkyard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
Which seal are you looking for?

1. where the filler tube penetrates the tank? If so, 79-97 FUEL FILLER NECK GROMMET MUSTANG
2. where the tube passes through the floorboard? Junkyard
3. where the filler connection passes through the body (right where you put the nozzle in the tube) Junkyard

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup #1 PERFECT THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR .... AND YOU SAVED ME HALF THE PRICE :shigrin THANK YOU BUDDY ....:wavey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.