Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wats goin on guys need some serious help here.....I have a 93 lx (orig. 4cyl) with a 306, gt40p's, explorer intake, 24 pound injectors, cam, adj press. reg., 65 mm bbk tb, and long tubes. It's a 5 spd car....let's start from the beginning. Clutch went out a few months back and installed a new one....the throw out bearing was making crazy noises and trying to keep it adjusted was killing me. The starter went out and I replace it myself and now it makes this crazy scratching sound everytime it starts.....now most recently I heard a sound come from under the car and now it makes another crazy noise and dies at idle....I found out that a plug wire was being burnt by the lt's so I replaced the plugs and wires....now the car still makes a crazy banging noise and it smokes and dies as soon as it idles down.....somebody please tell me sum..:?:

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
SMOKE and Dying? May need a mechanic on this one? RUn the self tests, try to shim the starter out a little could be hangin up (might as well return it) What wires burnt? Is you car equipped with vss?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so i found out that there was some oil on my lt's at the bottom that's where the smoke was coming from. I let that burn off and drove the car its running like ****....lots of vibration like the timing is off or something but i checked the dizzy and it has not moved vibration seems to be coming from in the bellhousing. what are we looking at here.....flywheel, ANOTHA clutch, or even worse harmonic balancer....somebody pleaseeeeeee!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts