Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Need some help here. I have a 93 fox lx notch with a 351 conversion. It has a 88 turbo coupe rear end. In it.... well the other day some idiot let there dog run loose and run out infront of me in a 45 mph zone and I locked up my brakes and slid into a sidewalk curb and bent my rear axle real bad. Well my question is....its a disc brake rear end. were do I find an 88 abs axle that will fit my car? I'm dumb found and can't find them anywere at all period not on the net or parts stores. The axle is a 4 lug and is 28 spline and measures a total of 30 inches from the wheel bolt up disc to the end of the shalf. Does any one know what I can pull the axle out of or were I can get one cause this is my daily driver and it ain't drivin rt now. maybe an axle number or somethin anything or any info is greatly appreciated thanks!!!!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Positive they are 30 inches long. They are abs disc brake axles from a ford thunderbird turbo coupe . The forum u. Suggested has no info I can use to actually help me find an axle or any info I can use. What I need to know is,,,,, what other cars carry a 30 inch abs disc brake rear axle that I can grab one out of or were I can locate one to buy. This is a very commen swap from my understanding but its impossible to locate parts for

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spdjnky thanks for the link! Now all I need to know is if this axle will work due to the fact of the bearing roller part of the abs axle in my car is behind the abs gear which pretty much leaves about a 3 inch gap between the lug nut housing and the actual bearing mock up on the shaft,,,,, does anyone know if it will actually mock up due to the disc brakes on it or does it have to have the actual abs gear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts