Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I has any got any pictures of foxbodys with with rear window louvers?
I have really been thinking about putting some on my and was wanting to know if anybody has any suggestions. As well as pros and cons of them. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I still have the factory louvers on my 87 2.3 but I do not have any pictures of it. I like them because it reduces the glare from the sun in the rear of the car. I think it also looks better because it breaks up that expanse of rear glass on the hatch.

It does reduce nighttime visibility somewhat out the rear when it is real dark. It also makes a rattling noise when the hatch is closed due to the loose rivets on the aluminum slats.

·
Registered
416 Posts
they were on my car when i bought it.. i removed them because the made a ton of noise when i went over bumps. they almost looked like they were 3 pieces though, but they came off the car as one piece..

i have some old pictures of my car when i first bought it.. and i really do LOVE the look, i'll try and scan some up tomorrow morning if no one has posted images by then.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I saw a FOX just today with rear window louvers... I didn't much care for them. But that's just me.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Glad the others gave you info about them, I wasn't aware they made noise over uneven surfaces.

What I can say is you might want them to cut down on the sun and heat because it gets a little HOT there in Glendale. I used to live in Phoenix and that back glass is like the eye on top of your stove. Anything to cut down the broiling.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i really like the louvers too. i even like them on sn95 cars. there's a red 94/95 cobra in my town that has them on it and i think it looks really good. sorry, no pics to share though.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
i really like the louvers too. i even like them on sn95 cars. there's a red 94/95 cobra in my town that has them on it and i think it looks really good. sorry, no pics to share though.
Those louvers are pretty sharp. They can sure save an interior in a place like Arizona or California.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.