Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobra is having an issue. My right front end is squeaking. I'm so new to the Mustang Are there are any grease fittings. Does anyone know right off? It's a '93 --I also noticed a it did it when I tured the wheel into the garage?

It's kinda wierd too, because, It came on sudden. It just started today I heard it down the street about a mile away from the drive-way. My driveway is 1000' and it was squeaking like crazy- Not just a little.

Any of you guys and gals w/all of your wisdom and stang intelligence. Got any information or thoughts?

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Cobra is having an issue. My right front end is squeaking. I'm so new to the Mustang Are there are any grease fittings. Does anyone know right off? It's a '93 --I also noticed a it did it when I tured the wheel into the garage?

It's kinda wierd too, because, It came on sudden. It just started today I heard it down the street about a mile away from the drive-way. My driveway is 1000' and it was squeaking like crazy- Not just a little.

Any of you guys and gals w/all of your wisdom and stang intelligence. Got any information or thoughts?
If it happened when turning, good chance it is a dry/seizing ball joint or tie-rod end. Have someone turn the wheel back and forth(engine running) and have a listen at all joints.

·
Registered
435 Posts
how would you fix that? Mine sweaks when I turn my wheels to and on bumps also..lol!!!
Find the squeeky joint. Replace it. If you have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth(engine running) Go to each wheel, listen and even grab the tie-rod or ball joint and feel for binding. You may need a creeper. It will be a creeky vibrating feeling if the joint is dried out and starting to seize.

Ball joints and tie-rod end both have to rotate when the steering rack is at work.
When you find the one making the noise, replace it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found the problem It was the tie rod joint (think thats what it's called) - there was a zirk fitting on the bottom and I pumped some grease in it. It stopped the noise. I need to replace all of the joints though. I checked all of them. I do need to replace all of them. I do. Something in the rear is squeaking too. Comon dude. shucks. Man, I did all that on my '68 firebird. I'm tired. So tired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts