Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a local guy has a ebay twin turbo kit on a stock 302 and said they can handle the boost has anyone ran twins or turbos period on a stock motor without blowing anything up? id like to go turbo for looks more that anything so i can run low psi aw who am i kidding 20 pounds of boost ought to do it but what do i need to go turbo

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, I have seen these Ebay turbo kits too. I would be more worried about the turbos blowing than your motor IMO. Not to say they are all crap but the one that I saw on someone else car did not impress me quality wise. A large portion of the impeller was all hogged out from when they balanced it. Right up on top where it bolts to the shaft. It was running however and did make 13psi. How long it will do that before shattering and throwing aluminum particles into your motor...who knows.

If you did go turbo on a budget, buy a name brand and go ahead and get the plumbing and crap from ebay. Most of the non mechanical stuff looked the same. (although you should buy american, tiss tiss. lol.)

You'll also need injectors, fuel pump, adjustable regulator, and a good tune at the least. so, + $1,000 realistically by the time you are done.

R

·
0 Posts
You CAN run 20lbs of boost on a stock motor......

ONCE................:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the ponydown kit that i am in the middle of putting togeather but my engine is not stock. I do know tho if you have a stock HO engine with a main$ valley gerdles you can put out about 500 crank anything after that you are going to start breaking stuff I.E. you block. For the budget minded ones tho i have a buddie who is running the On 3 Performance kit and the fitment was great he did upgrade the turbo to the masterpower tho so i dont know if their turbo is any good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys and i was wondering about the turbo plumbing on ebay and buys a decent turbo to go with it sound like a plan i dont need 500hp but i sure as hell dont want my buddies 4cyc subaru sti out running my mustang either if he keeps dumping money in it he will soon be able to pull me and i just cant have that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.