Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 mustang with a 2.3liter that is a fox body. it ran for a good year then just out of no where it quit. now i have replaced the crankshaft sensor, the DIS, the fuel pump, and new sparkplugs. the injectors are firing the pump is pumping and the sensors are working. it just wont fire. i have done everything to try and get it running. if yall have any advice that will help it will be much appreciated. :alittlefeedback: and thanx for the help that i have pulled from this site before joining.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
What about the coil/coils themselves? :?::?:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the timing belt right?
:blink: um not yet it got to dark to finish today. we have thought bout it but its doesnt sound like its out of time. could it still not have enough fuel pressure?:?:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I'm getting about 38 to 42 pounds of pressure off the fuel pump. so it has to be the timing right. someone told me that its pre-adjusted. will it make it harder to adjust per-say?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The timing is not adjustable. Does the car have SPARK?>? Does it have injector pulse?? Does it have compression and it does have fuel pressure as you posted. One is missing or the TB jumped or broke?? A compression test will tell. Peace Tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Checked the timing belt right?
Nice call Big C as usual you beat me to the PUNCH. Great job Peace MY BROTHER:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
One of the issues with the dual plug or for that matter any crank trigger ignition like the 2.3 is when the belt breaks you still have spark. Listening to the engine crank should have led you to the belt immediately. It sounds completely different and it is like night and day. Either way you found it and that is great. Now the fun begins. The crank sensor has to be messed with and make sure you check the gap first to set it back to the same speck. Just a heads up/and make sure of your timing marks on the cam and crank. Good luck Peace Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh thanx yall. it was the timing belt. and after adjusting it and replacing the altinator (which Was replaced last year :/ ) it cranked right up. changed the oil replenished all olis and fluids. i got to drive it agin for the first time in like 7months.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Glad you got it running. Keep an eye on that belt. Unless there was something wrong with the tensioner, I'd be concerned about the condition of the belt.

I've always been of the philosophy that if you've gone to all the trouble to get to the belt, you might as well put a new one in there. Especially if you don't know when the current belt was put on. Cheap insurance that will prevent another 7 month downtime.

Tom, I only beat you because you hadn't seen it yet. I'll probably be on here a lot more in the coming weeks. I'm supposed to have shoulder surgery next Friday so I'll be out of commission for the rest of the year while I heal up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was the tensioner. we got it acting right again after inspecting the belt it is fine still looks new and we compared it to a new one and it fit it just fine. it kept losing tightness and slipped time. but its algood now. again thanx for yalls help :worship

1 - 13 of 13 Posts