Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hopefully you guys can help me on this one! My car has had this problem for a while but only recently have I had funds to start restoring this car. The idiot that owned this car before me seems to have clipped the harness on the right side of the car at the firewall. I'll include a picture. You can't really see it but its behind the shock tower.. a bunch of wires just cut all together it seems.

Does anyone know what this goes to? My car is carb. Can I fix this and if so, how do I go about this? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
yep that goes to the computer..its located behind the passenger side kick panel

you can remove it once you get the computer out/disconnected

my guess is your car was originally a 4cyl mustang the prev owner converted to V8?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep that goes to the computer..its located behind the passenger side kick panel

you can remove it once you get the computer out/disconnected

my guess is your car was originally a 4cyl mustang the prev owner converted to V8?

Yeah the car was previously a 4cyl. I'm not even sure if the computer is still there or not. How do i remove it? thanks

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
pull the kick panel plastic piece out
computer(if still there) will have a 10mm bolt holding the connector to the computer..unbolt it..pull the computer out..pull the rest of the harness out..done

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll give it a try today I hope.

thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I got it out. Computer was still there. If anyone needs an A9L computer I will let it go cheap because I don't need it

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
so it was originally a 4cyl car..someone converted it to EFI V8..an A9L is the most popular V8 mass air computer..

then your previous owner hacked apart a perfectly good V8 computer harness when he went carbed..what an idiot..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the PO did alot of very... "questionable" things.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
haha..glad you got it worked out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.